Physical health is as important as mental health, isn’t it true? Hello mothers, today we are here to discuss the foods that are good for baby’s health if they are underweight.
As a parent, it is necessary that you keep a record of your baby’s increasing or decreasing weight to monitor if our child is proceeding towards obesity or losing weight enormously because both are not good. Once you are about any of these situations you can directly talk to a doctor or you can use some help from the internet.
For both the conditions, there are few common tips,
- Avoid skipping meals
- Eat healthy food rather than junks.
- Consider eating four to five times in small amounts.
- Avoid drinks at mealtime so that food takes the necessary space in the stomach not drinks.
- Consult a nutritionist, if required.
Our motive today is to let you know the food you can give your junior is he/she is underweight, i.e. he/she requires to gain weight. To make it clearer if your baby’s BMI percentile is less than 5, then he/she is considered underweight. Here are a few foods that you can provide your child in this case.
- Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates, amino acids and dietary fibers, which can make weight gain an easy affair. They can be served in different ways and thus it provides variety with nutrition. That’s amazing, right!!
- Eggs are the richest source of protein, vitamins, and healthy fats. One boiled egg in the breakfast can help, not just in gaining weight but also in brain development and better functioning of the nervous system.
- Bananas are a rich source of carbohydrates, directly promote weight gain. Add two bananas in your child’s diet for seeing the results in a month. Bananas also boost the energy levels which keeps the metabolism active for a longer time duration.
- Milk, cheese, and butter consist of healthy fats which are beneficial in gaining the right amount of weight. Mostly, milk is the staple item in every child’s diet so try to make your kid drink twice a day for achieving his/her weight gain goal.
- Chicken is also a good source of protein and provides healthy fat. It helps in tissue building and better functioning of the central nervous system as well. It is easy to cook and usually loved by children.
- Dry fruits contain fiber which is good for a child’s development. They increase immunity in a child and helps in gaining weight as well. They can be taken regularly in a certain amount even in the ground form with milk as well.
- Oatmeal is gluten-free and packed with high-quality carbohydrates. They are a rich source of energy provider which makes them the right choice to start the day with.
- Olive oil is also a source of healthy fat. They can be used for cooking as well as for salad dressing. This oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, antioxidants, and vitamins.
- Corn is primarily composed of carbohydrates and thus helps in gaining weight. It also promotes good eyesight.
These were some of the food that can actually help your child in gaining weight. Encourage them more and more and teach them to love themselves. Motivation works more than anything and believe can move mountains, right? So make sure to handle their emotions well so that their physical and mental health both can prosper.
We hope that you are benefitted from our blogs, let us know into the comment section. Share our blogs with everyone you know. Till we meet next, Happy Mumming!!